The Brighton and Hove Motor Club organises the Brighton Speed Trials.
Since the early 1920's we were known as the Brighton and Hove Motor Cycle and Light Car Club. The Motor Cycle interests were split off in 1932 and the Brighton and Hove Motor Club came into being.
We moved into the arches under Dukes Mound on the seafront at Brighton in 1948 where we have remained ever since. These premises were given a major refurbishment and bar in 1957, again in 2001, and most recently in 2011.
The Club currently runs activities during the year including:
- A trip to the Autosport Show in January.
- The Spring Jolly - a trip out with club members, centred around cars or motorsport.
- The Goodwood Sprint in May.
- The Concours and Classic Car Show, held in the grounds of Brighton's beautiful Stanmer Park.
- The Goodwood Sprint at the start of August.
- The Brighton Speed Trials, always on the 2nd weekend in September.
- The London-to-Brighton Veteran Car Run in November.
- The Annual Dinner Dance in December.